Vintage 1930’s ULYSSE NARDIN wristwatch in tonneau shaped, 14K solid gold case. The case is original and unpolished, with an original, unrestored honey-tone dial. The movement and dial are both signed, while the gold case is hallmarked. The combination of the yellow gold of the case and the honey-yellow tone of the dial looks just gorgeous. Note the well-preserved condition of the dial, hands, and the original vintage mineral domed crystal. The watch comes with its original old leather strap – perfect for if it is to be kept in a collection, however a new replacement is recommended if the watch is to be worn daily.
About Ulysse Nardin
Ulysse Nardin was founded in 1846 in the Swiss province of Le Locle, by the talented watchmaker Ulysses Nardin. Soon after the company started production, they began to concentrate on the creation of high-precision timekeeping devices, in particular marine chronometers, as well as complex watches containing minute repeaters, perpetual calendars, and chronographs. Keeping the jewellery and decorative component to a minimum, U. Nardin found that the formula for success in the art of precision mechanics was functionality, accuracy, and reliability. They are one of the few companies that has remained in continuous production for over 165 years.
Servicing and Guarantee
This timepiece has been serviced with full disassembly. Make sure to follow the usage and care guidelines. The watch comes with an old original leather strap.
Case and Strap
- Original hallmarked tonneau shaped case.
- Unpolished solid 14K gold.
- Original vintage domed mineral crystal.
- 14K gold caseback.
- Old stock replacement crown.
- Original leather strap included (or new replacement for daily wear).
- Width w/ crown 33.5 mm.
- Height w/o lugs 32.3 mm.
Dial and Hands
- Original honey-tone dial.
- Black indices.
- Military-style black Arabic numerals 2, 4, 8, 10, 12.
- “Ulysse Nardin Locle Suisse” signature below numeral 12 position.
- Small seconds subdial over numeral 6 position.
- Original black steel ‘sword’ style hands.
- Small black steel second hand with tail.
- Swiss-made movement.
- Original Ulysse Nardin caliber.
- of jewels not specified.
- Manual winding.
- “Ulysse Nardin” signature engraved on bridge.
- Power reserve 30+ hours.
- Satin-brushed bridges.
- Mirror polished wheels and screws.
Servicing and Guarantee
- Fully serviced.
- Mechanics in full working order.
- Original leather strap or option of new, genuine leather strap for daily wear.
- Care and usage guidelines.