Large, heavy, sturdy, incredibly protected and superlatively engineered Super-Compressor, Swiss Made professional diving watch from 1969. This is one of our most valuable pieces in our collection. The full stainless steel body is fitted with two patented Super-Compressor components, the famous mechanism that compresses and seals the case tighter as more external pressure is exerted on it. The caseback is so unusual that we had to machine a special tool (pictured) to remove it without damaging it. Set into the case are two crosshatched crowns, one for winding the watch and one for adjusting the internal bezel. Brevets 7933/66, 11685/66, 4678/67 from 1966-67 are patent numbers for the front screw-type bezel. The case has also received a brand new sunburst brushing in our workshop.
Below the extra thick mineral crystal is an immaculate matte black dial with strongly glowing lume block indices, framed by a ‘mosaic’ pattern internal bezel which can be operated with the extra winding crown. An ETA 2417 calibre automatic movement powers this watch, and with servicing runs perfectly, like new!
Servicing and Guarantee
This timepiece has been serviced with full disassembly, the case has been gently polished and refinished. Make sure to follow the usage and care guidelines for 12-month warranty.
Case and Strap
- Stainless steel case body by EPSA, freshly polished with sunburst finish in our workshop.
- Steel screw-down caseback, Brevet 317537.
- Famous EPSA Compressor crosshatched winding crown, Brevet 337462.
- Second winding crown for adjusting internal bezel.
- Screw-in steel bezel.
- Thick, domed mineral crystal.
- WR50M tested OK
- New 22mm leather strap with white stitching.
- Width w/ crown: 42mm
- Width w/o crown: 40mm
- Height: 42.5mm
- Thickness: 14mm
- Strap: 22mm
Dial and Hands
- Matte black dial.
- Rotating internal bezel with blue and white lume ‘mosaic’ pattern.
- Hour markers in block lume indices.
- White baton style hands.
- Square ‘lollipop’ style seconds hand.
- Date indicator at 3 position.
- Swiss made movement.
- ETA 2417 calibre.
- 42 hr power reserve.
- 25 jewels.
- Date set by changing 20:30 – 24hr.
- Testing duration: 2 weeks cyclic test
- Average timekeeping range: 15-30 sec/day
Servicing and Guarantee
- Fully serviced.
- Mechanics in full working order.
- Original connected stainless steel strap.
- Care and usage guidelines.