This vintage 1960’s watch has the unusual feature of an opening cover and tactile Braille points for reading the time using your fingers. The dial is simple, yet attractive, with the Braille points around the outer edge of the dial, and black numerals in a stylised cursive font around the inner section. The hands are thick to prevent any damage from fingertips. The watch comes with a shiny black leather strap.
About Hy Moser and Cie
Hy Moser & Cie was founded in 1826 by Johann Heinrich Moser. Moser’s factory produced a wide range of pocket watches for both men and women in a large variety of different types and styles, they became so popular that the company began to have a consistent problem with counterfeits. In 1868, Moser, together with the American Florentino-Ariosto Jones, created a new watch company called the ‘International Watch Company’, which became a pioneer of the industrial production of watches in Switzerland.
The Hy Moser & Cie factory was revived in Schaffhausen, Switzerland in 2005, and is now among the top ten independent watch manufactories. It produces interesting luxury watches with intricate dials as well as complicated movements . Remarkably, the designs from the original samples of vintage Moser movements are echoed in the basic style and shape of the movements produced today.
Servicing and Guarantee
This timepiece has been serviced with full disassembly. Make sure to follow the usage and care guidelines.
Case and Strap
- Circular case with opening cover.
- Stainless steel with crown.
- Snap stainless steel caseback.
- Simple, brown calf leather strap.
- Width w/ crown: 33mm
- Width w/o crown: 35.6mm
- Height: 43.2mm
- Thickness: 12.9mm
- Strap: 18mm
Dial and Hands
- White dial with simple black railroad design around the outer edge.
- White Braille points circled in black situated around the dial at the usual numeric intervals.
- Inner circle of black numerals in a stylised, curling font.
- Black, long, thick and straight minute hand.
- Shorter thick, black clubbed hour hand.
- “Hy Moser” and “Swiss Made” signatures on dial.
- Swiss made movement
- Manual wind ETA 2850 calibre
- 17 jewels
- 50h power reserve
- Testing duration: 2 weeks cyclic test
- Average timekeeping range: 15-45 sec/day
Servicing and Guarantee
- Fully serviced.
- Mechanics in full working order.
- Original connected stainless steel strap.
- Care and usage guidelines.