Stylish and retro 1970’s BERNEX wristwatch. This timepiece is simple yet elegant, and would be the perfect accessory to compliment formal attire.
From the Bernex brand marking with three stars visible on the dial, it is indicated that the watch was manufactured sometime from 1965 by Georges Bouverat at Bernex, in Birmingham, England. The three stars may also be a sign of high-quality from CETEHOR – Centre Technique de l’Industrie Horlogère. You can find more details about star grades HERE.
About Bernex Swiss
Bernex was established in Les Breuleux, Switzerland, in 1858. The Bouverat family have been manufacturing Bernex watches for over 100 years, and different stylised versions of the Bernex logo indicate which family member was responsible for manufacturing each particular watch.
Case and Strap
- Circular, thin case with straight lugs.
- Gold plated case.
- Slightly convex acrylic crystal.
- Stainless steel caseback with stamp inside: ‘STAINLESS STEEL BACK – SWISS MADE – 830’.
- In good condition without any restorations.
- New black genuine leather strap with steel buckle.
- Diameter w/o crown 33 mm.
- Full width 35 mm.
- Full height 41 mm.
- Strap width 17 mm.
Dial and Hands
- Original, cream-tone dial.
- Thin gold-tone applied indices.
- Small seconds subdial at 6 position in ‘cross’ design.
- Signed ‘BERNEX – INCABLOC – SWISS MADE’ with 3 stars.
- Gold plated ‘baton’ style hands.
- Original near-perfect condition without restoration.
- Swiss-made movement.
- FHF 81 caliber (production started in 1965).
- 17 jewels.
- Incabloc shockproof device.
- Power reserve 40+ hours.
- Signed ’17 JEWELS – BERNEX – SWISS’.
- Original near-perfect condition without any restoration.
Service and Warranty
The watch has been fully disassembled and professionally serviced with cleaning, parts inspection, reassembly, oiling, adjustments and 2-week testing. The case has been cleaned with in ultrasonic machine. New strap has been fitted. For this timepiece we provide a 12-month mechanical fault guarantee as long as usage and care guidelines are followed correctly.