Elegant and stylish 1970’s ROTARY wristwatch, with a clean and crisp case design and an unusual Roman/Arabic numeration on the dial. The case is polished stainless steel, and looks much better than chrome plated timepieces from the same period as the metal keeps its high-quality shine while also nicely showing its age. The watch also features an enhanced quality Peseux 350 Swiss movement, which was usually only utilised for gold cased versions of this model.
Rotary Watches Ltd. was founded in 1895 in the Swiss town of La Chaux de Fonds, by Moise Dreyfuss, and still owned by the Dreyfuss Group to this day. The company worked uphold certain values in their workmanship, of always paying attention to detail, and special attention to customers. Due to this, the company grew quickly, and in 1925 the famous winged Rotary logo was introduced.
Rotary continues to be a successful watch manufactory, consistently working to improve and to succeed. Their style aims to blend the ‘old with the new’, and the ‘contemporary with the classic’, to create distinctive and somehow timeless timepieces.
Servicing and Guarantee
This timepiece has been serviced with full disassembly. There is a 12-month guarantee, subject to the usage and care guidelines. The watch comes with a genuine brown leather strap.
Case and Strap
- Original circular case.
- Polished stainless steel.
- Acrylic glass.
- Stainless steel screw caseback.
- New leather strap included.
- Width w/o crown 33 mm.
- Width w/ crown 35 mm.
- Full height 42 mm.
- Thickness 10 mm.
- Strap width 18 mm.
Dial and Hands
- Original cream-tone dial.
- Applied, gold-tone Roman numerals at 3, 6, 9, 12.
- Applied, gold-tone Arabic numerals 1, 2, 4, 5, 7, 8, 10, 11.
- “Rotary” signature below numeral 12 position.
- Unusual ‘dauphine/leaf’ style black steel hands.
- Long gold-tone centre second hand with tail.
- Swiss-made movement.
- Peseux 350 caliber.
- 17 jewels.
- Manual winding.
- Incabloc shockproof.
- Satin-brushed bridges.
- Satin-brushed wheels with engraved winged rotary emblem and two stars.
- Mirror polished screws.
- Testing duration: 2 weeks cyclic test.
- Average timekeeping range: 15-40 sec/day.
Servicing and Guarantee
- Fully serviced.
- Mechanics in full working order.
- New, genuine leather strap in light brown.
- 12-month guarantee.
- Guarantee Terms and Conditions.