Brightly coloured ROTARY ‘Flyer’ wristwatch with completely stainless steel body of great size and interesting shape. Check out the polished undercut of the lugs – this timepiece looks elegant and fits nicely on the wrist. Aviation-related timepieces are true collectible items, especially in such a great condition.
The dial lume dots and hands can be re-lumed upon request – we decided to leave these pieces original initially, in order to keep this collectible piece untouched.
Rotary Watches Ltd. was founded in 1895 in the Swiss town of La Chaux de Fonds, by Moise Dreyfuss, and still owned by the Dreyfuss Group to this day. The company worked uphold certain values in their workmanship, of always paying attention to detail, and special attention to customers. Due to this, the company grew quickly, and in 1925 the famous winged Rotary logo was introduced.
Rotary continues to be a successful watch manufactory, consistently working to improve and to succeed. Their style aims to blend the ‘old with the new’, and the ‘contemporary with the classic’, to create distinctive and somehow timeless timepieces.
Servicing and Guarantee
This timepiece has been serviced with full disassembly. There is a 12-month guarantee, subject to the usage and care guidelines. The watch comes with a high-quality, fresh looking nylon NATO strap in RAF colours.
Case and Strap
- Original, circular case.
- Polished stainless steel.
- Acrylic glass.
- Stainless steel screw caseback.
- New, nylon NATO style strap with red, white and blue RAF stripes.
- Width w/o crown 34 mm.
- Width w/o crown 37 mm.
- Full height 42 mm.
- Thickness 8 mm.
- Strap width 18.5 mm.
Dial and Hands
- Original silver-tone dial.
- Silver-tone applied ‘block’ style indices, tapered at 3, 6, 9.
- Thin, silver-tone Arabic numeral 12.
- “Rotary” signature with winged emblem below numeral 12 position.
- “Flyer” signature with aeroplane emblem above numeral 6 position.
- Silver-tone ‘dauphine’ style hour and minute hands with original patina.
- Long silver-tone centre second hand.
- Swiss-made movement.
- AS1704/5 caliber.
- 21 jewels.
- Manual winding.
- Incabloc shockproof.
- Extra decoration with Rotary logos on barrel wheel.
- Satin-brushed bridges.
- Polished wheels and screws.
- Testing duration: 2 weeks cyclic test.
- Average timekeeping range: 15-30 sec/day.
Servicing and Guarantee
- Fully serviced.
- Mechanics in full working order.
- New, nylon NATO style strap in RAF colours.
- 12-month guarantee.
- Guarantee Terms and Conditions.