A beautiful pocket watch dating from the 1960’s to the 1970’s, with a traditional Swiss farm theme of cows and shepherds. Perfect movement with a Unitas caliber and shockproof device (new versions of Unitas are used in many modern Swiss watches of the PANERAI class). The back cover depicts a peaceful rural scene with cows and a shepherd in a mountainous area. The authentic enamel dial is a rare feature in 1960’s watches. This piece is in perfect technical condition, is very comfortable to carry in your pocket, and would make a bright, memorable gift.
This watch is working and ready to wear, a new chain is available and can be fitted with this pocket watch.
Selhor watchmaking company was founded in Eastern France, in 1947 by Charles Callier. The company has changed names a number of times over the years, known at one time as the Spinelli Workshop, and then later as the Maison Callier. The company was well-known for their successful diving watches, and was a strong competitor of companies such as Lip and Yema. The movements used were of French origin, although movements for high-quality models were sourced from Switzerland or Germany.
During the 1970’s Selhor disappeared from the watchmaking scene in France, and only recently has it resurfaced. Today, Selhor continues to create their classic dive and chronograph watch models, still striving upholding the value of French heritage tool watches.
Servicing and Guarantee
This timepiece has been serviced with full disassembly in our Bristol workshop. There is a 12-month guarantee, subject to the usage and care guidelines. A high-quality chain can be fitted with the watch.
- Original, rounded case with cow scene engraving on front and ridged finishing on sides.
- Nickel case
- Mineral crystal.
- Flip-down caseback.
- Vintage style nickel crown with centre button.
- Width 52.5 mm.
- Height 69.5 mm.
- Thickness 16.2 mm.
Dial and Hands
- Original, white enamel dial with cows and blue floral decorations.
- Graceful, statement Roman numerals.
- “Selhor” signature below numeral 12 position, just above cow and shepherd scene.
- Small seconds subdial over numeral 6 position.
- Gold-tone, Louis XVI style hour and minute hands.
- Gold-tone small seconds hand with tail.
- Swiss-made movement.
- Unitas 6431/6445 caliber.
- 17 jewels.
- Manual winding.
- Satin-brushed bridges and wheels.
- Polished screws.
- Testing duration: 2 weeks face up.
- Average timekeeping range: 10-30 sec/day.
Servicing and Guarantee
- Fully serviced with disassembly in our Bristol shop.
- Mechanics in full working order.
- Optional chain.
- 12-month guarantee.
- Guarantee Terms and Conditions.