ELVES diver in rare preserved condition. This is usually called ‘NEW OLD STOCK’, but as this one has no box or papers it cannot be called that. Nevertheless, it has no signs of wear, only light signs of storage and handling throughout its 50 years of age.
This timepiece bears 2 stars on the dial – a sign of achievement and high-grade workmanship from CETEHOR – Centre Technique de l’Industrie Horlogère. You can find more details about star grades HERE.
The case is mirror polished, so please consider that there are lots of reflections in the photos provided. Great French design with gradient dial, green lume numerals, red minuted, tv-screen seconds chapter detail, and an extra metal 24-hour rim.
The movement is French and of good quality, in prime condition, and runs like new.
Very little is known about the Elves brand, apart from that it appears to have had French and Swiss connections. So many brands failed to survive the Quartz Crisis of the 1970’s, folding completely and disappearing or being rolled up into conglomerates that pillaged their stores of parts. It appears that Elves was just one of these brands.
Servicing and Guarantee
This timepiece has been serviced with full disassembly. There is a 12-month guarantee, subject to the usage and care guidelines.
Case and Strap
- Original, rounded case with rotating metal bezel.
- Chrome plated.
- Screw-in stainless steel caseback,
- Waterproof type crown.
- ATM30 waterproof tested.
- High-quality nylon NATO type strap.
- Width w/o crown 38 mm.
- Width w/crown 41.7 mm.
- Height 43 mm.
- Strap width 19/20 mm.
Dial and Hands
- Original, black satin-textured dial.
- Geometric style Arabic numerals with lume.
- Red dots by each numeral.
- “Elves” signature.
- TV-screen seconds chapter.
- Block style silver-tone lume hour and minute hands.
- Small seconds hand.
- French-made movement.
- FE 233-60 calibre (France, antichoc version shockproof).
- 17 jewels.
- Mirror polished wheels.
- Polished screws.
- Guilloché plates and bridges.
- Testing duration: 2 weeks cyclic test.
- Average timekeeping range: 10-30 sec/day.
Servicing and Guarantee
- Fully serviced with disassembly in our Bristol shop.
- Mechanics in full working order.
- 19/20 mm black and beige nylon strap.
- 12-month warranty.
- Guarantee Terms and Conditions.
Links and Resources:
About the ELVES Brand (coming soon).