- Rare alarm function with hammer and gong; alarm subdial set by button on crown.
- Dual barrel tandem wind high-grade movement with Geneva stripes.
- Military style refinished original dial, non-radium harmless luminous numerals and hands.
- Wind the watch as it usually done, but in both directions. Clockwise winding for running power, counter-clockwise for alarm power.
- To set time DO NOT pull out the crown. Push the small pin at “2 o’clock”, hold it down, and rotate the crown slowly.
- Please set hands only forward. Vintage watches don’t like backward hands setting.
- To set Alarm time please push the button on the crown. Every push of crown button sets alarm hand counter-clockwise step by step.
- Please mind the accuracy of alarm trigger can have tolerance ±5 minutes.
Please see video below with loud & clear alarm sound!
The watch controls:
- turn crown clockwise – to wind the movement;
- turn crown counter-clockwise – to wind alarm barrel;
- push button on winding crown – to set alarm time;
- push button near “2” – to set time.
Historical & antiquarian notes
Angelus Watch Company was founded in 1891 by Stolz freres (brothers). The company’s main profile was advanced movements with chronograph, split-chronograph, repeater, alarm, self-striking and calendar fucntions. Serial production with high Swiss-standard quality allowed Angelus Watch Co to acquire a significant share of the watch market.
Angelus pocket alarms are notably valuable on antique market due to true high quality and pleasing sound of gong-and-hammer alarm feature same as in repeaters.
type: silver plated bridges, swiss lever 15 jewels, dual barrel with tandem winding
balance type: monometallic balance with screw weights, Breguet hairspring
signature: ANGELUS WATCH CO SWITZERLAND; 15 FIFTEEN JEWELS; 4 FOUR ADJUSTMENTS
age & origin: Swiss made in 1920-30s, all original parts
condition: Almost perfect (9/10), mechanical status is PERFECT
serviced: Full service done in October 2015
The movement was fully disassembled, cleaned, oiled and adjusted. Looking shining through glazed caseback.
type: silver plated metal dial, military-style roman numerals with lume (safe, non-radium)
signature: ANGELUS – REVEIL – SWISS
age & origin: original to the movement
condition: very good; refinished new paint
hands: blue/black steel “radium style” hands
restorations: radium replacement with vintage-looking lume, non-emitting
type, size: custom made new wristwatch case, “classique” style, display back, diameter w/o crown 48 mm
metal, crystal: solid stainless steel 316L, front & back mineral crystals
age & origin: new custom made one piece
condition: NEW UNWORN
size, material, type: 22 mm thick brown natural leather with stitching
condition: NEW UNWORN
PRICE (£): 990
Location: Bristol, UK
Please turn on sound, it’s quite pleasurable indeed.